“We’re spending far less time managing leases, yet campus-wide, printing is better managed than ever. And we finally feel we’re efficiently delivering what our users need, rather than what someone wanted to sell us.”
In 1917, Anderson University was established in Anderson, Indiana with 65 students in attendance being trained for ministry. Over the next 100 years, AU grew to become a private, liberal arts institution offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, as well as graduate programs in business, music education, and theology. Today, AU provides more than 130 ways for students to get involved on campus, including 20 NCAA Division III sports, a nationally-recognized intramural program, and numerous interest clubs. Right now, more than 1,800 students attend the university.
Anderson University in central Indiana is like a lot of organizations. For years, no one office was in charge of printers and copiers, so many departments went out and purchased or leased their own equipment. Cynthia Smith, director of Information Technology Services at the school, recalls it with a grimace.
Anderson University entered into a Total Print Management solution offered by Cannon IV, an HP partner
- Automatic bill back of print costs on HP MFPs with Pharos software
- HP Web Jetadmin for remote monitoring and management of printers/MFPs campus-wide
- Single point of contact for service; highly responsive service partner
OUTCOME AND KEY BENEFITS
- Lower costs, especially for high-volume and color output
- Single monthly bill and point of contact for service, maintenance
- Device count reduced by nearly half, freeing up space and reducing maintenance costs
- Reduced energy usage